Sunday 17 May 2015

I'm back after writing a book on drawing horses






I had to take time away from this blog for a year or so as I was commissioned to write a book about drawing horses by Ilex/Octopus Press.  The book is called "Draw Horses in 15 Minutes", available on amazon from June 8th, 2015.  It is one of a series written by Jake Spicer and published by Ilex on Faces, People, Cats, and Dogs.  However, Jake does not do horses, so I was approached.  Above is a sample of the 300 pencil drawings I did for the commission.  

I learnt a huge amount about drawing, and so far people who have seen the advance copies say that it is inspiring them to start drawing.

I am still interested in architectural issues, it had to go on the back burner.  This was'nt such bad thing, as I am now clearer on what is of most interest to me, namely housing and everyday architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment